We are proud to announce we have an official legal launch site on private land. After three years our efforts have finally paid off. We never gave up.
Launches will be twice a month on Saturdays in Moorpark centrally located between Venture, Santa Barbara and LA counties.
Our first launch will be September 24th at 8 am. The field is private. All launches are Ventura Rocketeers only. You must be on our mailing list or a member of our section to fly rockets there.
We can launch up to D engines although the TARC teams and Students have been allowed up to F. For general use overall we will be using A-D. The launch site is about 20 acres and there are strict rules we must follow.
Mary listed the rules sent out to all our members:
To launch with us as a Ventura Rocketeer please read the following:
1) if you do not want to be a member, but want to launch, the cost is $5 a family for the day of the event
2) if you want to join the Ventura Rocketeers, the cost is $30 per year
3) Spectators ( ie, you just want to come and watch) is no charge
4) Attached is a flight card, please print it out, and fill one section out per each rocket
5) All Rocketeers and Spectators must park in the parking lot and walk out to the launch site (about a half a mile)
6) This is a private farm. Entry is only allowed on prescribed launch dates. They are a business and you will not be allowed in.
7) We must be aware of horse traffic on the property. We will keep a close eye on horses near our launch at any given time. If they are close to us we must wait until they are at a safe distance before launching. That means out of sight.
This site is being used mainly to support students and youth in their education in aerospace rocketry.
If you are interested contact us: email@example.com